Magento is an open-source e-commerce web application. It is a professional Open Source eCommerce platform independent from third party plug-ins, with greater flexibility and scalability. It is ideal for online retail businesses of all types – small, medium, or large. It was originally developed by Varien in the year 2008. Further, Magento development continues- adding more and more features to render online retailing easier.
Retailers, belonging to small, medium, and large e-commerce websites, (operating ‘on-line’), numbering about 150,000 have adopted Magento eCommerce system. There are some reputed organizations using Magento developer including Samsung and Harvey Nichols in this long list of clients.
Business Growth & Profit
In an ideal scenario of business growth on-line, the web store should consist of options and features to make the task of the on-line purchaser simple. If it is complicated, the website will likely lose popularity and become redundant.
As a content development tool, Magento has several important features for the mode of product presentation & details –
- Product display options
- Mobile templates
- Transaction options
- Multi-store functionality
- Multi-size functionality
- User accounts
- Loyalty programs
- Product categorization
- Shopper filtering
- Discount rules
- Promotion riles
Apart from this, there are some inherent features rendering it as #1 in the online retail business:
- Easy and simple to develop & customize
- Phenomenal popularity
- Global presence of developers/programmers
- Compatibility with SEO tools
With these features, the web store in search engines optimized and all set for increasing popularity. The purchaser’s on-line gets attracted and remains loyal, paving the way for the business growth & profit.
Steps for e-commerce beginner on Magento platform
- Just like the DIY (do-it-yourself) kits, Magento is an extremely user-friendly tool making it quick and easy to learn. It would be handy to keep a beginner’s guide for frequent reference. The following step-by-step procedure is recommended:
- Installation: by strictly adhering to the installation steps given in the manual, the learner should not encounter any difficulty. However, constant reference to the installation manual and the beginners’ manual will guide successfully. Apart from this, there is ‘Installation Problems Section of Magento’s forum.
- Learning categories & attributes: learning to configure categories and attributes is the next stage. Study the various drop-down, tabs, and settings and set them. Create attributes and assign them to the designated attribute set.
- Tax Rules: the next step is to configure & implement the tax rules. Note how it varies from state to state & place to place.
- Adding products: learning to define the various form fields related to the product and create a new product.
- Preliminary customization of the online store: this is the stage learning to Introduce logos, header, footer, and other features.
- Tips: Recap at the end of each stage & try to do it again. Visitng other popular sites can contribute to your creativity.
Magneto Mobile friendly
Magento plug-ins, compatible with Magento community are available to install Magento on the mobile phone. The stages of getting Magento on the mobile will include setting up, getting the stock modern theme, the logo configuration, getting the Home Page, learning to change the design, and finally, trying out further ideas. After this, the mobile Magento is customized. The feature offers ‘bigger’ user-friendly buttons for the mobile shopper for easy maneuvering & getting all the essential data. Almost all features like ‘add-to-cart’ are available rendering shopping on the buyers’ palm!