You may have come across several notifications on how companies land up in miserable situations because of privacy policies. Just a few months back, some social app builder was fined with $1 million for violating the privacy. Well, to provide you the details, it actually stemmed up because
- The company stored third-party names and contact details from users’ address books, without appropriate disclosure;
- The company failed to abide by the provisions of COPPA.
- If you collect information, protect it. Follow the security recommendations of the FTC and be careful while promising or making generic reassuring statements;
What You Need to know about the legal implications
- Are there security vulnerabilities known to the SDK and/or library?
- Have the policies and setting been tested in real world?
- Have problems been reported by other developers?