Android Mobile Applications Development and Testing – An Overview

Android applications are widely preferred by many for their excellent customizations and outstanding performances. Android apps are the best applications followed closely by iOS apps. These two applications have almost conquered 80% of the market leaving just a mere percentage of 20% to others. Having said that, it intensifies the eagerness to find out how these apps are developed and how they hit the market without any bugs for optimal performance. So, I’ve hereby compiled a post which discusses about the Android application development strategies and testing processes which ensure the release of Android apps with maximum efficiency.

Android App Development :   

Unlike other app development process, Android developers have to come up with some special skills to device apps. As the demand for these apps is sky high, and customizing options heavy it is always a hectic task for developers to come up with a perfect app with innovative measures. Today, application users have to think out-of-the-box to market their apps as there are tons of developers out there in the space. Albeit, the developers working hard to bring out new apps that are ingenious, it’s in the hands of the testers to assure that the apps are delivered promptly with no defects. A defected app reaching the market completely ruins the ultimate hard work of the developers as people lose faith on it due to its lack of performance. So, the testers need to keep their eyes wide open and think 10 times beyond developers to release a splendid and defect-free app.

Android App Testing :

In fact, there are different types of testing stages involved. The stages are labeled as Automation, Functional, Compatibility, Usability, Performance, and Load & Stress. In fact, it involves some serious money to set up testing software to run the applications and check their performance.  So, the testers need to pay more attention and should come up with a clean job to make the app completely free from all kinds of defects. As the investment is high, the efficiency should be high. Each and every stage involves checking various parameters. Some of the tools used for Android mobile application development testing are MoneyTalk, AppThwack, FoneMonkey, ModifyHeaders, etc. App testers need to think like customers and even beyond that to deliver apps incredibly. The testers should think not only about the present scenario but also the futuristic performance of the apps and how they can be optimized for better future performance.  In general, the testers will create a framework in which the apps are tested. Upon performing it, they’d checkout the functionality of the app on the real devices as well.

Benefits of Mobile App Testing :

Testing assures the quality of app and it is delivered with optimum performance.

Helps users to run the application on various Android devices with ease

Assures users with high-quality application at relatively low costs

Testing across real devices helps developers to better the performance of the app and deliver it with splendid functions.

Automation testing helps in streamlining the process of complete testing and result generation.

Given the development ideas, tools, and testing, by now you’d have developed a good deal of knowledge on how Android apps are developed and how they are tested. The role of testers in Android mobile applications development is invincible as they are the persons who take the responsibility of delivering the best app with minimal defects.

Author Bio :

I am Zoya Bennet, author of this article. I’m a passionate blogger and have written many articles on Android wireless application development . I’m planning to write more technical articles that would benefit people.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)


Nitin Sirsat

Tech You n Me is completely free to readers. Our income is utterly a resultant of the email and web-advertising; however, we are not engaged in sale of any product or ideas online. We strive for fair news coverage, particularly from technology sector. Find us on Google, Facebook and Twitter

You may also like...